Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's all over now

That's it. It's all over for me. Finito. The end of an era. The end of being able to get cleaned and dressed fully in the morning. The end of a bit of peace each morning. The end of ever Etsy-ing in the morning. The end of bragging to my friends about how both my boys nap twice each day at the same time.

That's right folks, Asher has officially declared that he is done with his morning nap. For good.

*sigh* How am I ever going to take a relaxing shower again? The boy is just not trustworthy enough to be left to his own devices for 20 minutes. I may have to actually start waking up before the kids to get dressed! Eeek!

I can't think of any happy spin on this to put at the end of this post. So I'll just end it here on this heavy, depressing note. Sorry.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am amazed at how long he did take a morning nap. Could you get some peace of mind in the morning by putting the kids in daycare at the gym? What about showering at the gym too? Or at night after the kids go to bed?
Good luck adjusting to this new situation.

Clyde said...

Longer afternoon naps then?

angela michelle said...

Now you gotta take your shower and etsy during Little Einsteins. :( That's why I shower at night, so I can get a faster start in the morning.

Rebecca said...

How old is he now? I'm dreading the loss of my son's naps....