Friday, June 8, 2007

Holy Curls, Batman!

I woke up this morning all excited to get to play with my new haircut. I rushed Asher to his morning nap so I could shower sooner and have lots of time to play with my hair. When I toweled off my hair I had quite a surprise. My hair is curly!! Not ringlets curly, but definitely curly! I knew the little wispys around my face had been kinda curly during my pregnancy with Isaiah, but I figured it was just one of those wierd pregnancy things that would go away as soon as Isaiah was born. And as the lady cut my hair she mentioned that there was a bit of wave - but I thought it must have just been whatever product she was putting in it. But apparently my hair really has become curly. I don't know what to do with curly hair! The pictures are taken before my hair is really dry all the way - and if I'm right I think you have to let curly hair dry naturally before you can really style it. But what do I know?!? Anybody out there have curly hair tips for me?

3 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Wow, Nancy, I never would have guessed you had so much wave in your hair. So, I can let mine dry naturally, but only if I put some kind of product (serum, mousse, gel) in before it starts drying at all. I like the Frizz Ease product line. Have fun playing with it!

Farmer Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Farmer Joe said...

Umm, so, I may be out of my element here, but I happen to have a bit of experience on this since my hair is apparently curly too. I don't really have any styling tips (I'm way out on a limb here anyway) but I can provide a bit of info about curls on Ashursts (at least on this Ashurst):
If you want to enhance the curls, let it dry out, then wash your hands and run your wet hands through your hair til they are dry - then let the hair dry and repeat. Continue to repeat the process until you are sufficiently curled - then stop.
Two other options that involve a bit more planning/coordination, but that are even more effective than the above method are to:
1. Go outside on a rainy day
2. Go to Holland
Welcome to curls - I hope you have fun.
Bro-Joe