Monday, November 19, 2007

Four!

This weekend we celebrated my first baby's fourth birthday!!!! Four!!! How did that happen?
Anyway - here are the highlights...

Below is the cake that Richard made. It's Belle from Beauty and the Beast. This was our first attempt at a doll-cake and we learned some lessons. Next time maybe she'll be a bit taller. But as you can see, Naomi loved it. And that's all the matters.

A Barbie from Mom and Dad

A Care Bear from Kevin and Kelly

A Super-hero doll from Grandma and Grandpa

Here she is modeling the nightgown from Mom and Dad along with her entire "take".

And just in case you haven't had enough - here's a video of blowing out the candles.




I tried to wax poetic in some way about my baby turning four. I thought about what I have learned in these four years. I have learned so much that it's impossible to put into words. There is no poetic way to explain how I feel about it because I am still in the process of being totally blown away. Naomi is the sweetest, kindest, cutest, happiest, funniest little girl I've ever given birth to. She makes me happy. I love to make her happy. I think everybody in the world should get to know her - and they would be better people for it. This morning I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah about becoming as little children and how that will lead us to salvation. Naomi is the perfect example of that. All those traits of hers that I just listed are the things we are supposed to exemplify. Anyway - that's as poetic as it gets around here today. I guess I'll leave the poetry to the prophets.

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

"Naomi is the sweetest, kindest, cutest, happiest, funniest little girl I've ever given birth to." Ha ha. I can't believe how grown-up Naomi is looking. Her face is really changing into a big girl's face. I was looking at pictures, and I think Haley looks pretty much the way she did when we got her two years ago and Naomi looks like a whole new girl. Happy birthday!