Friday, August 26, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Now is the time for New Year's Resolutions. January 1st is just a date. This is the time when our "year" really begins. Now is when we set our schedule - try to include exercise and scripture study and family prayer and night time teeth brushing and homework. Now is when new systems can be implemented and improved on. This is really the start of everything.

That's what I've been thinking about this past week. School starts on Monday and I want to have our schedule down smoothly from the first morning. Asher and Naomi will wake up, get dressed, do hair. Then everybody else will join us for family prayer, then we're going to try scripture study during breakfast - we'll see how that works out. Then it's collecting lunches and homework and brushing teeth and putting on shoes. Then it's off to the bus stop for the two elementary school kids. Then if it's a Preschool day, we'll have one hour to get Isaiah (and Mommy) ready. If it's not a Preschool day it'll be exercise THEN getting ready.

I resolve to be sweet in the mornings.
I resolve to exercise at least 3 times per week.
I resolve to have daily family prayer and scripture study.
I resolve to do more of my to-do list in the mornings than in the afternoon.

I resolve to make this year great!

No comments: