Sunday, June 10, 2007

The conclusion of the haircut saga

Ok - I feel totally vain because so much of this blog so far has been about me and my hair. But it's been such drama in my life that I feel I must post the conclusion to the story.

The curls were NOT working for me. They were working against me. The haircut I had just wasn't right for my new, slightly curly, do. So on Saturday I took things into my own hands and cut off the longest layers. It was a crazy thing to do. I could have totally destroyed my hair. Luckily it worked out OK. But there were still some alterations that were needed that I didn't dare do myself. So I went to the Haircuttery and had them fix it a bit. They were very sweet and only charged $5 even though they were not the ones who cut it in the first place. Now I am much happier with my hair. I still don't know how I feel about this curl. But it's better than it was the other day - so I'm just trying to dwell on that.

Here is a picture of my hair post-alterations. And as an added bonus, Isaiah is in the photo too. Maybe that way I won't feel so vain.

2 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

love it!!!

Kelly Jo said...

with curls, wave, body, it's all about products. . .especially in hot, humid Virginia!!
I too have used the Frizz Ease, but also really enjoy the Garnier Fructis Curl and Shine line. . .it's a crap shoot. . .my favorite favorite products are Aveda, but my new married budget doesn't allow for those products, but I do get them for Christmas!! Yes, hair products for Christmas. . .