Monday, February 11, 2008

Isaiah's first meal

I fed Isaiah real food today for the first time (if you don't count the Cheerios, stickers, fuzz, etc he's helped himself to off the kitchen floor previously). It's always fun to see babies' reactions to food. I'll never forget sitting in a hamburger joint with a friend and her new baby when I was in college (you know who you are!). She kept feeding her baby little nibbles of mustard, ketchup, onion, etc just to see his reaction. I thought it was a little sadistic at the time - now I embrace this form of entertainment totally.
I tried to capture Isaiah's reaction in still photos, but it just wasn't catching the real essence - so I just HAD to do a video. First a picture of his nice clean face before hand, then the video of his first meal of sweet potatoes. I don't want to give away the ending of the video - but we'll try again tomorrow I guess because he finally started shivering and gagging on the food he was so disgusted/weirded out by it.





(I'm not having much luck with the video right now - so if it isn't working try again tomorrow. I'll try to upload it again tomorrow morning.)

2 comments:

chelsea said...

i hope for your sake, isaiah doesn't feel the need to spit the sweet potatoes on the curtains (i'll name no names...)

angela michelle said...

He does look pretty seriously grossed out.