Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hope

Last week was seriously rough for me. I don't want to list off all my complaints so let's just leave it at... it was bad. I was overly emotional and felt very mentally weak. I snapped at my children and mostly just shushed them whenever they were near me instead of enjoying all the adorable, unexpected things that come out of their mouths. I fulfilled my outside-the-home responsibilities for the kids schools and church and other things like that, but I just walked through the motions. I did NOT clean the house. At all. It got pretty gross. And I used fatty foods to make me feel better (but it didn't even work!).

Anyway, I was finally able to start conquering these Blues on Friday. I started praying for strength. And that helped me react more sweetly to my children, and clean my house, and eat better foods. And doing those things helped me feel emotionally better and mentally stronger.

On Saturday I was able to enjoy time playing with my children on a rainy Saturday at home. We made Easter decorations together. And then in the afternoon my sister Ruth came over to play. We took the kids to Target and had to run back to the car in a drenching downpour. We were all totally soaked to our undies by the time we made it to the car. And we loved it. While we were at Target, Ruth bought this snow globe for me. The base says, "Never lose hope".

I admit, I lost it for a while there. But I've got it back, and it sure does feel good.

1 comment:

angela michelle said...

way to go ruthie. and nancy. someone in ward council today read a quote from the Preach My Gospel on hope that was really inspiring to me. I'll see if I can find it for you.