Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Moving Target

I've been thinking about why I've been so non-bloggy lately. It's not really that I'm so busy doing this or that. I mean, I am busy - but not much more than usual. And it's not that nothing is happening - Sammy is practically changing every day, the kids have lots of end of year stuff happening. What I think it really comes down to is this: I'm having to work harder than usual to keep my head above water. After my recent...shall we say, emotional meltdown... I've been working very hard to be positive and happy and hopeful and faithful and loving. And I think at other times in my life those things have just come naturally to me and not taken so much work. And I'm not really even sure what exactly I'm doing that I would call "working" on those things. I just know it's taking more effort than usual. My mantra lately has been, "Faith, Hope and Love". And I've really tried to focus on each one of those.
I don't mean this to sound at all negative. Yes, I've been having to work harder at happiness, but the end result is still happiness. It really is a moving target.

No comments: