Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ahhh, Motherhood...

This may become a regular part of my blog. Because, lets face it, sometimes you just have to sit back, laugh, and say "Ahhhhh, motherhood..." and shake your head. Or else you cry. So, here's what happened today.
Our family was at the mall play place. Naomi was running around like crazy, Isaiah was sleeping soundly in the stroller. And Asher was having a rough day because of three new teeth coming in, so he was sitting on my lap. Now, I wasn't exactly dressed up or anything, but I was kind of well coordinated. What I mean is, my canvas ballet flat shoes matched my T-shirt and so did my jewelry. So, there we are, kids playing, Asher sitting on my lap. Suddenly my leg is wet. Asher has thrown up. Every single drop of it has gone onto my leg (I was wearing shorts) or precisely into my left shoe. Not a drip landed anywhere but in my shoe. I had been sitting kind of balanced on the balls of my feet so my toes were in my shoes, and my shoes were flat on the ground. That's how it all happened. And I all I can say is, "Ahhhh, motherhood..."

As a perk, I walked down the mall barefoot to the nearest Journey's and bought myself a cute new pair of flip-flops.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Ahh, children and body fluids, always a good excuse to buy new shoes.

By the way, my word verification is "onasty"