Sunday, July 15, 2007

Throwing the baby out with the dishwater

Isaiah had a bad case of cradle cap. So we rubbed vaseline into his hair and then shampooed it out, as recommended in "What to Expect the First Year". It did take care of the cradle cap pretty well, but then his hair was all greasy from the vaseline. We tried shampoo, Clarifying shampoo, more shampoo, but it was still greasy. So what cuts grease, we thought? Well, everybody knows that Dawn cuts the grease! So that's what we tried.
But even after that it was still pretty greasy. I guess time is what it needs now.

2 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

This is a great story! I'm always looking for a remedy to this particular problem. Let me know if it works long-term. If so, I think I will try it; I'll just make sure to have the Dawn handy.

Christine said...

Hi, I'm Kelly Worth's friend. My doctor told me to use 1% hydrocortisone. Then wash the hair. If it is still there, use Selsum (sp?) Blue periodically. It worked for us. Good luck.