My family (as in my siblings, parents and I) watch movies when we get together as a form of bonding. It's either that, or sitting around chatting. We're not like the Worth's who love to play games or plan big events. Since we watch, and love, so many movies, most of us quote movies frequently. I'd say one of the most commonly quoted movies for our family is "My Blue Heaven". If you haven't seen it, you definitely should. It's hysterical. And very quotable.
What made me start thinking about quoting movies is that Asher just quoted a movie to me. He'll be 2 next month and he already quotes movies. He definitely is living up to his name (get it? The whole Asher - Ashurst connection?) We were watching Toy Story and right when Sid straps a rocket onto Buzz and then is about to go outside to blow him up it starts to thunder and rain. At this point, Asher said "Oh, man!" and then 1/2 a second later Sid says "Oh, man!" in the movie. I couldn't believe it! He's either a genius - or he watches too much TV. Is it possibly both?
Anyway - for your entertainment, here is a Movie Quotes Quiz. Let's see who does better - Ashurst's, Worth's, or the few other random visitors who read my blog (whom I love - thanks for reading guys!).
1. "Oh, great! Now I have guilt!"
2. "I create feelings in others that they themselves don't understand."
3. "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is. "
4. "And last week I saw Cameron Diaz at Fred Segal, and I talked her out of buying this truly heinous angora sweater. Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed."
5. "I feel like such a heifer. I had two bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M's and like 3 pieces of licorice. "
6. "You know, it's dangerous for you to be here in the frozen food section. Because you could melt all this stuff."
7. "Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
8. "Ya ship's all banged up! "
9. "You know what else everybody likes? Parfaits. Have you ever met a person, you say, "Let's get some parfait," they say, "No, I don't like no parfait"? "
10. "Hang the code, and hang the rules. They're more like guidelines anyway."
Good luck! Let me know how many you got in the comments - but don't give any answers away - we don't want cheating!