Monday, July 12, 2010

Half

I am at 30 weeks now. 40 weeks is full-term (although, actually, I think anything after 38 weeks is still considered full-term). So, with that 38 weeks in mind as my goal, I realized that I am probably half way through this situation. I went on bed rest at 22 weeks - so 8 weeks down. And if full-term is 38 weeks - 8 weeks to go.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Sometimes I feel like, "Alright! I just have to do what I've already done one more time - and this is all done!". However, there are plenty of other times when it's a little more like, "I have to do what I've already done again?" Also, it's starting to sink in that when this is all done, I'm nowhere near done. After this I have to deal with a newborn. While I have a body that hasn't worked at all in four months. ... I kinda feel like I need a break inbetween this situation and the next. Don't I deserve a break? Then I feel terrible for feeling like that because the only way I'm getting a break inbetween is if this baby ends up having to stay in the hospital for a while. ... And I really don't want that.

Anyway, as you can see, I've still got plenty of worries on my mind. I did just have a check up today and everything still looks fine. I got to see my cute little baby Samuel again and this time we could even see hair on his head and got a great look at his chubby little cheeks.

It's all good. And it kinda totally sucks, too.

(Stay tuned for some catch up posts with pics from my Moms visit, the 4th of July, and painting Naomi/Samuel's room.)

No comments: