Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Long-Legged and Sideways

I had another check-up today at the hospital. They did an ultrasound to check on my cervix and measure the baby. The biggest discoveries were that 1) My cervix is the same as my last appointment, two weeks ago - very good news 2) Samuel is measuring close to the 80th% leg-length wise, but is in the 50th% for all his other measurements - he is looking like he's going to be a tall boy, and 3) Samuel has his head buried next to my right hip bone with his back facing upwards - which is a crazy position and hopefully he won't turn breech (but that does explain why my hip has been killing me). It was a good visit and, as always, I feel better after confirming that everything is still good. I especially feel better after mentioning to my doctor that a medication he put me on a couple of weeks ago is making me sick and him immediately responding, "Well, it's not worth it then. Try taking it every other day and if that's still making you sick, just stop taking it." What a great answer! I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but having a doctor who I trust, and who trusts me, makes all the difference. I can't imagine how hard this would be if I didn't feel so supported by my dear Dr. Tashman.

No comments: