Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fastest Hair Do-dad Ever

For about a week now Naomi has been discussing what she'd like to wear on Saint Patrick's Day. I guess a holiday that's just all about what you wear really appeals to her. So, naturally, she's been very concerned with how her hair would be done, too. I promised her I would make her some perfectly-Patty's Day hair-do-dad. So when it came to crunch time today I sat down with my crafty stuff and came up with this: the fastest hair-do-dad ever made.
It's just a bunch of 2 inch lengths of ribbon, double knotted onto a hair elastic. I didn't even really measure the ribbons as I cut them, I just trimmed them to the length I wanted once I was done tying them all on. ~ It's a slightly crazy look, but I think it's got spirit. Holiday spirit!
The whole thing took about 2 minutes, no sewing, no hot gluing, nothing. If you can tie your shoes, you can make this.
This could be cute with yarn instead of ribbon, or with all your little scraps of random colors mixed together. But I think I'll keep it in my mental file under "Emergency Holiday Hair Do-dad".

4 comments:

Expressions by Heather said...

Super cute! My 8 year old has been worried about her outfit all week as well!

Please feel free to link your project up with my Talented Tuesday Link party on My Frugal Family, found at http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/03/welcome-to-talented-tuesday.html!

Hope to see you there!

Mark A said...

How about a shot with it on the kid?

Goat Gal said...

Wow! That is totally cute and you could make it in so many themes and colors!

angela michelle said...

I bet Naomi loved wearing it.