Friday, March 5, 2010

Rambling

I feel like I should blog today, but I don't really have anything of significance to say. So I'll just ramble a while I guess. Nothing big has happened this week, but plenty has happened. We had a semi-busy week of appointments, meetings, and commitments.

I got to go to Naomi's school and help with the Kindergarten's 100th Day Of School celebration. It was so fun to see Naomi in her element and meet more of her peers and the other Kindergarten teachers. And to discover who the meany substitute teacher is. (I'm just relieved to find that she's a sub and not someone my children may have to deal with on a regular basis at some point in the future.)

I took Isaiah to a follow up appointment for his mega-ear-infection from two weeks ago. He's been feeling much better but she said he still has fluid in his ears so we have to go back again in another two weeks.

Isaiah's speech therapy teacher moved him to a different time because she finally sees what I've been seeing from Day One - that he would do better on his own than teamed up with an older kid. We're thrilled about that.

The big breakthrough for Asher this week is an "x" on the light switch in the bathroom. I finally figured out that his fear of going to the bathroom by himself had to do with his hatred of the noise the fan makes. Whenever he went in there he didn't want to turn on the lights himself because he was afraid he would accidentally turn on the fan instead. So an "x" below the correct switch has solved all his problems.

Naomi's freak-out this week was over where her future sibling would fit into her room. We've had the same discussion about a dozen times about where we'll move the beds and dresser and how we'll make sure this new baby can't get Naomi's special things, etc, etc. But she still freaks out about it every time she thinks about it. And this from the girl who has been whining for 3 years that she's the only one in the family who "has to sleep alone" since Daddy and I share and Asher and Isaiah share.

I'm feeling so much better it's unbelievable. I guess it takes feeling really, really crappy to be this thankful for how I feel even though I still feel very pregnant and tired and grumpy, etc.

I'm excited that I get to go to the temple tomorrow with a couple of my girlfriends. And then Baby Ethan (Richard's brother, Kevin's, son) gets blessed on Sunday. So a fun weekend to look forward to.

But not as exciting as next weekend when Richard and I take off on a solo trip to a ski resort - where we won't be skiing. We plan to spend our time at the indoor waterpark. And order up one pedicure for me. And plenty of just-plain-laying-around time.

How's that for rambling? It was actually kinda nice to not have to worry about the flow of the post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruthie said...

Hooray for your upcoming weekend away! I'm excited for a very special kind of weekend adventure (and extra points for the service overlap)!