Thursday, May 15, 2008

fun with jewelry

I've been having so much fun (not to mention spending so much money) making jewelry lately. I started with earrings, and now that I've got that down a bit, I've moved on to bracelets. I just finally got the needed tools to really do bracelets and necklaces right for Mother's Day. And a friend just gave me some neat beaded bookmarks to sell for her. So have you been over to Chic Made lately? There's lots of neat stuff! I try to add something new every day.

Next on my "wish list" for new projects is hair clips and multi-strand necklaces and bracelets. Oh, and I've been working on perfecting a daisy-chain technique that I hope to make cute baby bracelets with.

I've also had fun making jewelry for loved ones. It's fun to listen to what people want in jewelry and try to translate that into something I can actually make. If you haven't gotten one and you think I love you, that's probably because I don't know what you want! Send me some hints and maybe you'll get a little package in the mail.

I really am enjoying doing this. It's been a while since I found something new to do that I really enjoy. It's refreshing (and did I mention expensive?). It's almost as distracting as a good book or new movie in the middle of the day.

4 comments:

chelsea said...

i was just heading over to chic made to check it out. i have some stuff in mind for you... but darn materials are expensive sometimes. i'm so glad you are having fun. isn't that what it's all about?

Jessica said...

I think you love Me. I love you.
The problem is, I don't even know what I like. I have to see it. How do you explain? I guess earthy (with large beads) is the closest to an explanation I can think of. and simplicity....
I don't expect you to understand that at all, neither do I expect anything else.

angela michelle said...

It's so fun that you've started doing this. I loved my package from you!

Nancy Clark said...

Nice. You do such a great job on them!