Sunday, May 25, 2008

A trip...

...Down the stairs, unfortunately. Richard and I were heading out the door to go see the new Indiana Jones movie (not at all a disappointment, by the way!) and I was running down the stairs in my new sparkly flip-flops when suddenly my feet were no longer under me. I landed at the bottom with one leg bent behind me and the other straight out in front. All I could do was suck in breath for a minute or so. Then the first thing I did was see if I could get my leg out from behind me. I was so relieved when I could - but then I started stressing about my ankle. I was scared to even try to move it because I was sure it was broken. But, no! It hurts like crazy and it's a smidge swollen, but it's fine! Actually, it's the other side of my body that hurts most today. The side I landed on when sliding down. I am gonna have some lovely bruises tomorrow. And I might not be plopping down on the couch any time soon. But I am so thankful that it wasn't worse. It really is amazing. My leg or ankle totally could have been broken.
Phwew. I think my heart rate goes up just thinking about it.

2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

I knew it was ok since you said the movie was good, but man, you had me worried!! Glad you're ok, hopefully the aftermath isn't too bad

angela michelle said...

Mark and I saw that movie last night and spent the whole being excited about it and singing the theme song to each other--and we thought it was a total disappointment! Harrison Ford has totally lost his flair!