See that bug? I kill at least one each day in my house. It was like that all last summer, too. They don't bite or sting or anything, they're just annoying. They fly around buzzing and freaking out the kids. They don't come in through the doors or windows so I knew they were getting in through some crack or something somewhere - but I didn't know where. Until now. I have figured out that they're coming in through the chimney. We haven't used our fireplace in several years because the chimney really needs to be swept and I don't want to pay for it. So apparently an infestation is going on in there now. But what do I do about it? The chimney is three stories high, so I don't think spraying something up there is going to work. And the top of the chimney is totally unreachable even from the top of the house (if we had a way of getting up there, which we don't). The thought occurred to me to just build a fire - maybe that would smoke them out. But if they have a nest in there somewhere it seems like that just adds to the fire hazard that has kept me from building a fire prior to this.
What do I do?