Friday, August 24, 2007

Blogger fame

A friend sent me an email (note to all of you - I don't actually like "those" emails sent from a friend) with a link in it to an e-bay auction that has already finished, but is absolutely hysterical. You MUST read it! And then go look at this women's blog and be amazed by her overnight rise to fame.


OK, have you read all about her? Is your mouth hanging open? I am totally infatuated with this women's rise to fame on the internet. What can I do that is so clever and witty that it will draw the attention of thousands all over the world to my little blog? And why do I WANT to draw all that attention? I am not usually an attention-seeking person - but internet attention sounds like fun to me! I seriously lay (?laid, lie?) in bed last night thinking about this women's story and what I can do that is similar enough so that I don't have to have an original idea but dissimilar enough that it would catch fame. That is a little bit sad.

Oh well. I guess I'll just live my life of anonymity. Maybe I'll be like one of those artists that are not famous until after they're dead. Or maybe one of my children will be famous and that will give me my "in" to society. Then I can be like Paris Hilton (not in the totally lame, skanky way, but in the famous for just being famous kind of way). Naomi could be a famous ballet dancer. Or Asher could play football or soccer. He could be Asher the Basher! Or maybe Isaiah will live up to his hair-do and become a real rock-star!
I think I've totally left reality for a while. Oh well, it was a nice visit to la-la-land.
Here's a picture of me being a Mom to bring me back to reality. But really, all I have to do is look behind me at the mess in the family room to be brought back to that reality rather quickly.






4 comments:

Jenny said...

That is priceless! That listing had over 100,000 hits! I'm tempted to buy pokemon cards and steal her identity...I wonder if that lady is going to start selling other crazy things for outrageous prices just because she can tell a good story...

Oh, and you are definately on your way to fame!

Nancy Clark said...

Ahhh... so it's not just a name we have in common. I'm right there with you--silly dreams, living in lala land, messy family room.

Anonymous said...

that was hysterical...and by the way, you look fantastic! Your family has such a pretty mommy.

Nancy Sabina said...

In the interest of full disclosure, I have just deleted a comment by a guy named Edward Foster. I don't think I know Ed. But I'm OK with random visitors. How am I going to get famous if I don't accept random people's comments. Good ol' Ed thinks this was a "stupid way to cash in" on the cards. He also wonders what is wrong with people today.
Good ol' Ed had his comment sensored because this is a FAMILY SITE. We don't accept such harsh language, Ed.