Monday, August 6, 2007

a visitor and a thank you

Today I have two totally unrelated topics to blog about.

First, my mom-in-law, Margaret, blogged a little about our visitors this weekend. Richard's sister Stephanie was here for several days with her husband, Steve. We only saw Steve once as he headed to the airport, but we got several nice visits with Stephanie. As Margaret said, she forgot to take any photos. I only took one, but here it is.
Stephanie, Kevin, Kelly and Isaiah


Second, during my visit to Texas recently my Mom let me pick out my birthday present at Ikea. As soon as she mentioned this plan I knew exactly what I wanted. I have admired this chandelier for about a year now. It has electrical lights (they're the newest fad! You've got to try them!) but also places for candles (the candles have not been purchased yet, so you don't see them in the photo). Anyway, thanks Mom! I love it.


In this picture you may also note the beautiful table runner made for me by my talented sister Angela when she visited me recently. Thank, Ang!


2 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Thanks for posting the photos. The fixture is beautiful; what great gifts! I want to see more photos of your house!

Kelly Jo said...

I'm telling you, as soon as I sat down I noticed the nice new chandelier! Love it.

Also love my big ol' foot in the picture. . .:)