Thursday, August 30, 2007

love languages

I recently learned about "love languages" and it has changed my entire thinking in my relationship with Richard. I think everyone should have a discussion with their significant other about what each of their love language is. I won't share with you what mine and Richard's love languages are - it seems a little too personal for a blog - but I had NO IDEA what Richard's was and we've been married nearly 6 years! I don't want to go into the world of plagerism, but here are the five:


Gifts
Acts of Service
Words of Affirmation
Touch
Quality Time


So, without discussing it before, guess what your partners love language is (and decide what yours is) then discuss. The one that I thought was Richard's turned out to be like #3 for him. It's amazing. I am so much more aware of what I can potentially do for Richard to show him how much I love him.

And I love him alot.




2 comments:

Kelly Jo said...

it is always interesting to hear how the other person experiences love. Kevin and I have always found this very helpful.

Jolie said...

I have read parts of this book and have been to an enrichment night about it long ago. It is very interesting and I think really helps a marriage and all or our relationships. Thank you for reminding me of it!