Monday, October 15, 2007

Special Day

This weekend was something I've been looking forward to for a month or two now. But it was something Kevin and Kelly have been looking forward to for more than a year. Richard's brother Kevin and his wife, Kelly, were sealed together for time and all eternity on Saturday in the Washington, D.C. temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. And now, in the words of Naomi, they can be together "forever and ever just like me, and Mom, and Daddy, and Asher, and Daddy, and Mommy, and Isaiah, and me." The sealing was beautiful. I could see the look on Kevin's face the whole time and it was so cute. He looked like a little kid who is so excited he could just jump up and down but knows he's not supposed to right now so he puts on his "grown-up" face and tries to look like he's totally under control. Sort of a flicker between calm and composed and grinning like a maniac. Very cute.

After the sealing we had a party/reception at our house. Richard decorated a wedding-ish cake and I had fun putting together a fancy party. (Big thank yous to my friend and also Margaret (mom-in-law) who loaned me all the fancy silver dishes - remind me to add "platter" to my Christmas Wishlist.)

Anyway, Congratulations Kevin and Kelly!


The Happy Couple



The Whole Group


Naomi and her cousins Ashby and Avery


Kevin and Kelly with the temple as the backdrop


The cake and flowers and fancy table at the party

(the platter is already empty of sandwiches- apparently people were hungry!)

4 comments:

Kevin said...

no, the BIG Thank You goes to Richard and you for throwing such a wonderful party for us afterwards. We so appreciated and everyone had a fabulous time! Thank you, thank you! It was a wonderful, much anticipated day!

Kevin said...

by the way, that was posted by Kelly, my computer's being weird so I used Kevin's, but he thanks you too! :)

Jolie said...

Thank you for posting those pics. We were sad that we weren't able to make it. It looked like a beautiful evening.

Nancy Clark said...

What a beautiful day! I'm so sad that I missed it. Hey, wanna come host my next dinner party?