Friday, July 24, 2009

Handyman Daddy

I once bought my Dad a plaque with the phrase "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." I find my Daddy both handsome AND handy! He's been very busy in the last few days fixing all kinds of things around my house.

His original list included "re-caulk around kitchen faucet" but we upgraded that to "replace the kitchen faucet". Look at my shiny new, fancy faucet! (Pardon the dishes - there are a few extra people here, making messes hard to avoid)


His other big project was to extend the tile from the kitchen in front of the back door. The red dirt in the backyard was totally staining the carpet in front of the door because the carpet was too tall to put a rug there. So, wa-laa! Tile extended! I'm so happy, I'm giddy!
He also did wonderful little fixes here and there like making the backyard fence gate hang better, fixing the master bedroom door knob so that it actually latches, and some other things. What a great Daddy he is!
Tomorrow my mother arrives and Sunday my sister and fam arrive. Monday we're on to the cottages we're staying at. Wo-who!!!

No comments: