Friday, August 7, 2009

Empty House

Well, after having the house packed with people for two weeks, it feels pretty good to have it back to ourselves. We loved having so much family around, don't get me wrong. But it's always good to be back on a regular schedule. And now that we're past that, it's time to kick it into high gear with potty-training and getting ready for school.

Of course, we have a here-for-the-foreseeable-future house guest still - my little sister, Ruth, will be staying here until she finds a job and then an apartment. But that's not really any kind of inconvenience. Especially since she babysits for free! Richard and I are going out tonight to see the latest Transformers movie at the IMAX theatre.

Alex The Babysitter came over today so I took advantage of the "tax free holiday" here in Virginia and did some school shopping. I also hit the fabric store and bought fabric to make my little boys ties. I found a looks-pretty-easy tutorial online to show me how. More about that later when I actually do it!

**************
I don't think I blogged about our kayaking trip. It was so, so, so much fun! Last Saturday morning we drove into DC to a boat dock in Georgetown and rented kayaks. Richard and I got a double kayak and Naomi sat in the very front at my feet. (The boys stayed home with Alex The Babysitter) We paddled around under some bridges and around an island for about two hours. It was beautiful. It was also much easier than I thought it was going to be. I thought I'd get a pretty good workout and really feel it afterwards, but I didn't! Of course, I didn't really paddle the entire time, but Richard says he didn't really feel it either. We are dying to go try it again with just he and I in our own, single kayaks. It was seriously a blast! Everybody should try it!

2 comments:

Elieson Family said...

Ooh! That sounds great - Michael's dying to do that. I'll have to get more specific information from you. and, eh-hum, wait for a block of time to be away from baby =)

Rebecca said...

kayaking sounds like so much fun!