Thursday, September 3, 2009

Girl On Fire



This is what I did yesterday. All day. As much as possible. I read every possible second from 8am until 9:15pm when I finished it. I went to the gym, took the book, and sat on a bike for 45 minutes while I read. Then I stretched while I read. I propped it on the kitchen counter and made PB&J for lunch while I read. The kids played outside while I read. I took the kids out to dinner because I hadn't even unloaded the dishwasher yet, let alone loaded in the breakfast and lunch dishes. And while I ate, I read. It's a good thing Richard didn't get home until nearly 9:30, because I probably wouldn't have talked to him anyway.

And it was sooo worth it, folks. That's one seriously good book. If you haven't already, you should really go read the first one, The Hunger Games, and then move on to this one.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

After you read it a few more times, you want to let me borrow it?

Elieson Family said...

Ha! I guessed right BEFORE reading the blog. Ha ha!!
Glad to hear the rave review. I'm thinking I will start with Hunger again and then move onto fire... After reading a few more pages of Werther.. See ya tonight.

Paice Family said...

I read the Hunger Games and loved it! I've been waiting and waiting for this one. Can't wait to read it!

Rebecca said...

oh fun! I haven't even read the first one yet: I was thinking I'd wait until all three were written so I could just reading them back to back. I've heard such great things!