Friday, October 9, 2009

Total Bummer

So I think, maybe, I might have mentioned that I'm leaving for Time Out today. And maybe I mentioned that I'm pretty excited?

Well, my friend Stephanie, who rocks, was supposed to go with me. Really, I was supposed to go with her - it was all her idea. But now she's too sick to go! Total and complete bummer of all bummer's! Half of my excitement came just from knowing I'd get to actually spend some time with Stephanie. We see each other a couple of times a month (not counting casual fly-by's at the church). But I was really looking forward to really getting to know her better on this trip. We have 8 kids between us, so often when we are together we don't get much real talking done.

Anyway, whine, whine, whine.

My sister, Ruth, is going with me in Stephanie's place. I love Ruth, and we'll have loads of fun. We'll giggle and pig out and also soak in a little (Ok, probably a lot) of spiritual guidance. She and I haven't had much time together since she moved here, so this will be good.

But it just won't be the same.

Sorry, Steph. Feel better soon! I'll take really good notes for you!

1 comment:

Elieson Family said...

I'm ready for your notes baby! How was it?????