Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chic Made

I went a little crazy yesterday. All day long I thought about, obsessed about, dreamed about the same thing. Then I told Richard what I was thinking about - and he started thinking about it too. Before you know it, we own a domain name and we have a business plan. Tonight we'll make the website. And very soon we will be in business. What business?

I have often made some cutesy little thing and thought "This is cool enough to sell. But it's not really big enough to list on Craigslist or something. And I might only have three of them so it's not worth finding some Fair or something to sell it at." So for those people who think that - we bring you Chic Made. Here's how it works: You send to us the things you've made that you want to sell. You and I decide on a price, which includes the cost of shipping. We list the items on our website (ChicMade.com). Someone buys the things you made. We send you a check. If you want to make and sell more, great. If you want to try making something else, great. If not, great. There is no commitment to make more. There is no commitment to make anything ever again if you've sold something on ChicMade.com before.


What do you think? Are your creative juices running already? Are you thinking of something you could make for ChicMade right now? Well get to work! All you have to do is make it and send it to us. I know I have some very talented family and friends. We really are trying to get this going this week. (Having a web-programmer for a husband sure is helpful.) So make something cute and send it to us. You're home-made something-er-others can be a part of the launch of a soon to be bazillion-dollar website. You'd be making history! So knit it, paint it, bead it, crochet it, manipulate it, cut it, sew it...whatever. Get busy!

8 comments:

Elieson Family said...

Wow, that was fast - we were just talking on Sunday about that! Way to go, I'll bring some quilts... once I make them!

Elieson Family said...

Okay, I tried looking up the website... no luck!

Nancy Sabina said...

We haven't made the website yet. That's tonight. So check back tomorrow!

And talking about it with you on Sunday is what got me started thinking. In some ways - you can thank yourself for this, Steph.

chelsea said...

i'm in... want some stars???

Jenny said...

I think that is awesome. I made baby name plaques for my neice and nephew this Christmas and my husband encouraged me to try to custom make them for people and sell them on craiglist...I put up a sales post, but no bites. Keep us posted on your new business!

Nancy Sabina said...

If you send me a sample I could post that on my site and see if anyone is interested. We'd have to make some promise like that you would make it and have it in the mail within 10 days or something. But that's what ChicMade is all about! That's the exact situation I want to cater to. It's cool, but you haven't found the correct market for it yet.

Nancy Clark said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see it.

Farmer Joe said...

Cool idea. I hope it works for you. Unfortunately, I (as a true farmer) am completely uncreative and actually am frequently found unintentionally spurning the creativity of others (I try to keep that in check.)