Monday, November 26, 2007

Fighting the fluff

OK. It's post Thanksgiving. One of the serious down-sides of hosting Thanksgiving is that all the leftovers are at my house (this is also one of the perks, but you get my drift). There is still pretty much an entire pie in my fridge. There are M&M's and cookies and Kisses and other chocolates in my "snack cupboard". Not to mention that there is still Halloween candy in this house (at least all the chocolate is gone by now). And Christmas is prime cookie time. I can think of at least three kinds of cookies that are emotionally tied to Christmas for me. I want to make them (and eat them) all in the next month.
When I had my Gallbladder removed I managed to loose 10 pounds. I have gained at least 7 of those pounds back. But I really liked that month or so that my jeans were loose. I would like to loose those 7 pounds again plus 10 more. That is my goal. I'm putting it out there for all of you. If you didn't want to know...well, too bad. I lost those 10 pounds in just a week by eating only fruits and veggies - so I figure if I eat mostly fruits and veggies now maybe I can loose those 10 in two weeks. Plus I can exercise so maybe that will help too. The exercise plan is to 1) wear a pedometer and take 10,000 steps a day 2)Dance with the kids every day for at least 10 minutes 3) Occasionally actually exercise (I'm still working on the plan for that one).
All this was inspired by Fight the Fluffy , which my sister, Angela, is a contributor to. It's a great join-the-group kind of support blog. Plus I love calling my extra weight "fluff." Fluff seems much more manageable than fat.
So that's my rant. I know it doesn't technically belong on this blog because it has nothing to do with my cute kids (unless you factor in that I weighed 50 pounds less than I do right now before I had any kids). Anyway, I'll try not to bore you with it anymore but just to comment like mad on Fight the Fluffy. I just thought my goal should be out there for the world to see so that you can hold me to it.

4 comments:

angela michelle said...

Sounds like a great plan. I really need to get another pedometer. Plus you should try yoga. You can do it for a few minutes at a time and feel very limber and healthy and funky. Plus it justifies wearing black yoga pants at all times :)

angela michelle said...

So can I post your plan on Fight the Fluffy?

Jenny said...

Angela, are you implying that it's not justified to wear black yoga pants all the time anyway? Hmmm...is pregnancy a good excuse? Well, I definately want to fight the fluff, but I have to have a baby first, then I can fight two baby's worth of fluff at once.

ladyshanae said...

Good luck with all the leftovers! It was nice for us to have them over at someone else's house this year. :)

Also - good luck with the fluff! I'm still working on mine but going about it in a few different ways - adding another way would just make me obsess about it and I know the results obsessing about weight has on me and they are not good. ;) However, I hope you have fun with the girls over at Fight the Fluff. They look like a fun bunch!

We need to get together one of these days!!! Miss you :)