Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All gussied up and somewhere to go

I'm driving home from Target this morning when I mentally slam into this thought process:

Did I brush my teeth this morning?

*thinking back and retracing the morning*

Oh, whew. I did brush my teeth. Sheesh. That's embarrassing. I forgot to put any jewelry on but I guess there are worse things. At least I did my hair. ...

Oh my goodness, did I put on makeup? Nope. And it's so much worse than that - I never removed yesterday's makeup either! I just sauntered through Target for 35 minutes with raccoon eyes and a ghost-pale face.

*checking in mirror while driving down the road*

Yep. It's bad. At least I didn't see anyone I knew. Just that very nice checker-lady who kept looking at me and smiling. Now I wonder if she was being sympathetic and sweet or thinking what a mess I was. Ugh.

Ahhhh, motherhood. But at least I got the basement cleaned up a little this morning!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm not alone! When I was younger I couldn't pass a mirror without looking in it. Now, I go for days at a time without really looking at myself in the mirror. Good thing are kids aren't too judgmental.

angela michelle said...

ha ha--I've done that. But hey, you brushed your teeth. (I have a story involving Jesse and butter that I'll post later to help you appreciate Asher :)

Kelly Jo said...

Your one of those people. . .one of those who can leave their makeup on and not break out with zits all over your face. . .I'll try not to be mad/jealous. . ;)

Jenny said...

That's me every day of the week. I'm lucky if I remembered to change out of pajamas, something I didn't bother doing today, for example.

erica said...

hysterical nancy. but i've seen you in the mornings and you are always darling.

Rebecca said...

I've so been there. When the grocery store checkout girl says "Wow, you look tired today," I start asking those questions and I realize oops, I never....[fill in the blank].