Saturday, September 6, 2008

Leap of Faith

Oh my goodness! I am so nervous all of the sudden! I just signed up to sell my Chic Made jewelry at Sterling Fest 2008! It's just a small community-activity type of thing but it will be the first time Chic Made will be available in person. They estimate that about 8000 people will come. And I'll have to stand there selling my stuff and watching people's reactions to my precious hand-made babies. What if they don't like it? What if I don't sell enough stuff to even make back the small entry fee? What if my booth falls apart? What if it rains!?! The rain date is a Sunday, so do I break the Sabbath to sell my stuff or just back out and loose my entrance fee? Should I get a really professional sign made or attempt to make one myself (to save money)? I need to get business cards made and tags for each piece of jewelry. And what kind of bag should I get for purchases? And should I accept checks? How much money should I allow myself to invest in this endeavor? How am I going to display everything? Should I only sell jewelry, or everything that is available on Chic Made? Am I going to go crazy in the next month?

So many questions whirling around in my head. So many worries. And so much excitement! In case you haven't read before, I really love making jewelry. So the idea of having a good reason to totally obsess about it for the next month (oh, yeah, did I mention this is just over a month away!) is fun, but oh the stress!!!!!

I am so excited! And worried! And stressed! And excited!

5 comments:

Montserrat said...

How exciting! I'm sure you'll get it all figured out (with much stress of course) but you'll do great and have a fun time. Good luck!

Clyde said...

It'll be your first jewelry stand and having so many people coming to the Sterling Fest I think you'll get lots of new exposure. Perhaps - until you learn how this selling enviroment works - you should go on a cheap budget: make your own sign/s, labels, hand outs, business cards, etc. Use Publisher or even Microsoft Word and print them out at home... Kinkos or Office Depot can give you a nice deal to laminate your larger advertising signs (this solution will protect your first investment in case of rain.)

Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you do your beloved email-it-to-kinkos-and-have-it-blown-up thing for a sign? That wouldn't cost that much would it? And then you could have it to use again. And I'm sure everyone will love your jewelry- everyone already does! And I think you should have business cards anyway that you could hand out to random people that you end up talking about chicmade with. In fact, it would be a good thing for me to have to give to people that I tell about chicmade!

angela michelle said...

vista print will send you 200 free business cards. the free ones have to be chosen from a small list of templates, but I'm sure you could find something that would work for now. (I had kinko's make me some business cards and they cost a fortune--definitely wouldn't do that again.)

I like Ruthie's idea. You have an awesome banner design already.

This will really force you to take your business up a notch! I'm excited for you! Just please don't have a meltdown with all this fun stress plus no husband!

Alicia said...

Congrats! It sounds like you're in for a real adventure! Good luck with it all, and don't worry. All those things you're worried about will fade away after you start. :) Miss ya!