Thursday, September 13, 2007

best friends

When I went to college I was at one of those points in my life where I could have gone any direction. Good, bad, or inbetween. (Mind you, I was making this choice while at Ricks College, so when I say bad - it wasn't that bad) In the end, I choose good. I credit that choice largely to my roommates. I am still very close with several of my roomies and I love all of them dearly. They will all always have a special place in my heart.

One of those roomies, Shanae, lives here in Virginia near me. She lived less than a mile away when we lived in our last house(and might be following me out to our current place of residence soon!). Shanae came over today to help me with the kids since I'm not really feeling up to full Mommy-potential lately. She was a great help not only with the kids, but also with my spirit. I just can't be around Shanae without being happy. She brings out a little bit of the giddy-ness that I remember from college. It reminds me of late nights sitting on the floor in our apartment, playing cards and drinking root beer. It reminds me of silly dancing and singing with just us girls after someone-or-other got back from a fun date. It just reminds me of a different part of my life - that is so far from this part of my life.


So, here's to Shanae. And Erica. And Amanda. And Christy. And Kerri. I love you all.





I have an entire hand-done scrapbook with tons of cute photos of Shanae, Christy, Erica, Kerri, Amanda and I. But it's all "old school". I tried taking a picture of the pictures, but it didn't work. So, sorry. No pictures of skinny me 10 years ago with "my girls."

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

Nancy, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!

erica said...

thanks nancy! gosh, even from 1000 miles away, you still gave me a smile. loves to you and let us know how everything goes with the surgery!