Monday, September 24, 2007

Fall has arrived!

Autumn is my favorite season. The weather is just perfect for me (not too hot, not too cold). The world around me is changing every day. Every minute, it seems. I love the colors. I love crunching on the leaves as I walk. I love comparing the colors of one tree to another. I think I didn't really even know what fall was until I moved to Virginia. And I particularly love this neighborhood in fall. There are great big mature trees all around us. We don't get much "fall" in Texas where I grew up. I know that my mom really misses the fall too while she lives there, in Texas. So, in honor of my mother, I am going to start a Fall Foliage series. Every few days, or once a week maybe, I'll post an updated picture of the same branch of tree. That way my mom, and any others who live in none "fall" areas, can enjoy it along with me.
So, here is today's picture. This is the view from my kitchen window. When I stand there to do the dishes, this is what I see.


As you can see, there is really just one tiny branch that has already turned orange. But just you wait!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Blah to living in L.A. right now. I wish we had anything as beautiful as that. It's mostly just palm trees which I'm still trying to get used to.

Kelly Jo said...

I love fall for all of the same reasons you listed. . .it's perfect. I love the smells too. . .truly is my absolute favorite time of year.

chelsea said...

Fall is definitely me favorite time too and I also didn't realize it until I moved to Virginia. The only thing I don't love about it, is it means the deadness that is winter is coming... yuck!

Clyde said...

I'm in this category "...and any others who live in none "fall" areas, can enjoy it along with me" so thank you in advance for this (and future) pictures.