Thursday, September 6, 2007

A Gallbladder contest

I am feeling better today. I actually slept well last night for the first time in a long time. Apparently diet makes a really big difference. All I ate yesterday was plain rice and some saltines.

I met with my surgeon today. He requested some blood work, then he'll check with the insurance company, after the insurance company Ok's the surgery he'll call the hospital's scheduling dept and then the scheduling dept will call me. So, I won't even know when I am having the surgery until mid-next week it looks like.

With that in mind, it looks like I'm going to have to live on this incredibly-low-fat diet for a while. Especially because I am not allowed to take any pain meds because they thin your blood. So, I did a little more research about what I am supposed to eat, and what to avoid. It is grim. This is where the contest comes in. Go to http://gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml. That will be your guidelines. Make up a complete meal. Leave it in the "comments". Whoever gives me the best meal wins my complete adoration and devotion (for at least an hour).

Happy meal planning (it's gonna be harder than you think).


1 comment:

angela michelle said...

Nancy

I have three suggestions:

baked tortilla chips with avocados and tomato salsa

spaghetti with tomato and onion sauce (are green peppers and carrots ok?)

fruit smoothie