Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Next Blog"

Have you ever clicked on "Next Blog" in Blogger? It's really quite fun. (Very top of the screen by "Flag Blog" and "Search Blog") A good portion of them are not in English - so sometimes it takes a couple of clicks to get to an English one, but it's always interesting. I was just reading all about this self-proclaimed Hippie women from I believe Vermont. It was fascinating. I don't know her, I probably never will - but now I know about her nephew and her love of Henna art. Consider that for a while and then think about the fact that it used to be that if you moved away from your family or friends you would probably never see them or hear from them again. Back before trains, or reliable mail, or planes, or the internet. My how times change. Maybe our kids kids kids will think this whole internet thing is hooey.

**NOTE** A sweet friend of mine just had a bad experience doing this. She came across a very nasty site. So I'm not sure I can recommend you try this anymore. Do it at your own risk. I am SO sorry Clyde!!!

5 comments:

Clyde said...

Well when I was checking out the “fun” as you described, I clicked on “next blog” and was QUITE surprised. The first web blog to pop-up was “Nude-gay something” – so you (or anyone else) should be careful with this tool… it’s like playing Russian roulette. Unfortunately, sick people may come across your innocent game… like what just happened to me. Yikes!

chelsea said...

i totally got sucked in the "next blog" last night. I came across this couple that since 2004 have lived in their RV. It was amazing. I will take my chances with the next blog again!

Clyde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clyde said...

It's okay, Nancy! I'm perfectly fine. :)

I had a dilemma with "what I should" tell you... But I'd rather let you know about my "surprise" finding instead of letting your friends and family go there without any warning.

PS I'm glad you added a “be aware” note to this post.

Nancy Clark said...

My trick is to squint each time a new blog is about to appear...