Sunday, September 9, 2007

health update

FYI - My surgery is scheduled for Friday (the 14th) at 10am. They say it only takes an hour for the actual surgery and that I'll only need an hour or so in the hospital after that to recover before Richard can come pick me up. We think that's pretty good timing because then Richard will be home for two days post surgery without having to take time off work. This week I am going to focus on teaching Asher to do things that I never thought I would teach him. For example, climbing into and out of his high chair and crib. I can't believe I'm gonna do that - but I have to since I'm not supposed to do any serious lifting for "a week or two" post-op.
My biggest problem right now is just having enough energy to be a Mom. Fruits and veggies don't exactly fill you up long term or leave you bursting with energy when they're the only things you've eaten all day. Yesterday I tested my boundaries by eating ONE chocolate chip cookie that Richard had sweetly made for a commitment I made before this all happened. One cookie left me in pain half the night and still this morning. So no more boundary testing for me!

No comments: