Monday, February 9, 2009

Sigh of Contentment

The baby shower went so fabulously! I think around 25 people showed up. That is a pretty respectable number considering the size of my house. And we were a chatty group! Naomi always has a little trouble falling asleep when I'm partying downstairs with girlfriends (she feels like she's missing out) but she had a genuine complaint on Saturday night. We were loud! But that was great - it meant everybody was having a good time! The food turned out really well and the decorations were highly complimented. I was running a bit behind on Saturday and really wasn't ready until right down to the minute. Still today I keep opening drawers and cupboards and finding things that I threw in there at the last minute to get them out of sight - dirty dishes mixed with clean in the cupboards, Naomi's art on top of the silverware, etc. But despite my rush, I don't think it could have gone better. The real thing that measures the success is that Stephanie, who the party was for, felt very loved and appreciated. She got some great clothes and diapers and such for the baby, and is loaded up with so much chocolate that she'll be on a sugar high for a year and a half. It was fun to open the gifts and see which kind of chocolate everybody gave. (The invitations said "Stephanie has lots of boy clothes (she's done this a few times before!) but one thing she can never get enough of is CHOCOLATE!)

Now I feel amazingly happy with my life. My house is practically spotless (at least in the main visible parts). The biggest thing on my "to do" list for the week is to make Valentine's with Naomi. A friend, whom I was having a large misunderstanding with, finally emailed me a kind note. I even went to the gym today, had a great workout and got totally checked out by a guy. I am definitely feeling good.

Sadly, I didn't take any pictures at the party. But Stephanie did! So when/if she posts them on her blog, I'll hook you up!

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

Congrats! I'm sure she loved your fancy party. Dirty dishes in the cupboard is hilarious. Good think no one had to go looking for an extra fork or something! I'm so glad you got a kind note from that friend. Sheesh!

Elieson Family said...

Nancy, photos are up. I wonder though, is it a sigh of contentment or a sigh from being over-stuffed? (ha ha) Sunday was rough coming off that sugar high. How 'bout you? :)
Thanks again, it was AWESOME.