Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Thoughts

You must all go read my sister's blog post which she wrote in response to my last post. And then, if you haven't already, you should really bookmark her blog. She's very witty and genuine and a fabulous writer. And she doesn't get enough comment love.

Today we had our Stake Conference. Dallin H. Oaks was there. I didn't get to listen to him much today since I was in the hall with Asher, but luckily I got to hear him last night at the adult session. So I filled Richard in on last night's talk and he filled me in on today's. We both got great things out of it. My favorite part was when he was talking about "those three little words that every woman wants to hear". He went through several versions of what those words are, including "You are right", "You've lost weight" and "Yes, my dear". It got me thinking about what Richard says to me that I really like. This may be too much information for some of you, but I really like it when he says "Wow, Babe!" He says it in this very appreciative way when he thinks I look fancy or whatever. ... I like it. ... Nuff said.

Today is the Super Bowl. Neither Richard nor I are really big football fans. But we are big fans of food - so we have some fun food planned for today.

2 comments:

angela michelle said...

ha ha--we're not big football fans either but we are fans of food and also of lounging on the couch, so the superbowl is good times.

Sounds like Richard can really get some mileage out of just 2 words!

Grandpa Earl said...

What we did during the Super Bowl:
Tacquitos with sour cream and picante sauce to keep the game spiced up during that long first quarter when it looked like Arizona might get blown out of the water.
Pizza to spice up all the crazy commercials, which are real super part of the bowl.
Danced during the musical interlude.
My favorite Choc. chip cookies during exciting 2nd half of the game when Arizona came back, took the lead, and almost won.